25:2 (2010:05) CEC Annual ReportMay 25, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Posted in Committee Annual Reports, Continuing Education | Leave a comment
Continuing Education Committee
May 1, 2010
Kelli Getz (University of Houston), co-chair; Jill E. Grogg (University of Alabama), co-chair (NOTE: Jayne Sappington was the chair until February 2010, when she stepped down and Jill Grogg assumed her duties.)
Committee members for 2009/2010:
- Clint Chamberlain (University of Texas at Arlington), 08/10
- Beverly Dowdy (University of Central Oklahoma), 08/10
- Lori Duggan (Indiana University), 09/11
- Lei Jin (Ryerson University), 09/11
- Peter Picerno (Florida International University), 08/10
- Apryl Price (Texas A&M University), 08/10
- Steve Shadle (University of Washington), 08/10
Board liaison: Patrick Carr
Narrative of Activities
Due to the shift in committee leadership, the CEC spent the spring 2010 regrouping and conducting a brief audit of current committee activities.
- Continued projects include the ongoing revision and updating of the CEC manual, including the addition of the information about the web liaison.
- At the request of the board, the CEC is also working with the Program Planning Committee to submit a proposal to the board about better ways to promote the contributions of NASIG’s membership in continuing education programs and also to share the content of these contributions with the membership as a whole.
- The CEC has received a proposal for the annual Mississippi State University e-resources symposium that NASIG has supported in the past, to be held in September 2010. The CEC has submitted the proposal to the Board for review.
- Jayne and Kelli worked with the board’s Telecommunications Task Force to test Skype. It was decided that since not all institutions allowed for Skype, we will continue with our current service. However, committees are encouraged to use Skype whenever possible.
Statistical Information (If Applicable)
Action(s) Required by Board (If Applicable)
- Review the Mississippi State University e-resources symposium proposal.
- Review the Continuing Education/Program Planning Committee joint proposal, when submitted.
Questions for Board (If Applicable)
Recommendations to Board (If Applicable)
Feedback on New Website
- What has been your experience in using the new NASIG website? Positive experiences, other than the unavoidable election snafu.
- What suggestions do you have for developments and improvements in the website and back-end uses? None at this time.
- What other technologies are you using in your committee communications, or what other technologies have you explored? None at this time.
Name of Person Submitting Report