22:2 (2007:05) Committee Annual Report: ProceedingsMay 22, 2007 at 12:06 pm | Posted in Committee Annual Reports, Proceedings | Leave a comment
Carol Ann Borchert and Gary Ives, Co-editors
ANNUAL REPORT, April 23
Board liaison: Rick Anderson
NARRATIVE OF ACTIVITIES SINCE LAST REPORT
- Gary and Carol Ann visited Haworth Press July 16-18.
- The 2005 Proceedings was published in summer 2006, and the monograph version was released in the fall. We anticipate a similar schedule for the publication of the 2006 Proceedings.
- The manuscript for the 2006 Proceedings was sent to Haworth early in November, a few days past Haworth’s October 31 deadline. We received papers from all speakers and recorders. Many thanks to all for their contributions to this publication!
- The co-editors received the final draft copies of the 2006 Proceedings at the end of February. Haworth received the document March 21.
- Because the Proceedings time schedule has altered from what was originally in the editors’ manual, our original indexer for the monograph version, Melissa Beck, stepped down for 2006. Gary contacted Smita Joshipura, and she graciously agreed to be our indexer for the 2006 Conference Proceedings. The manual’s timeline has been updated.
- Carol Ann sent .pdf files of the 2005 Proceedings to the ECC Chair, but they are not yet on the NASIG website. Carol Ann will ask about this when she sends the updated editors’ manual to ECC.
- Gary and Carol Ann have both agreed to continue as co-editors for the 2007 Proceedings. A call has gone out for a third co-editor to join them this year, hopefully to continue in 2008 as an experienced editor with a new co-editor to train.
- The call for recorders was sent for inclusion in the March 2007 NASIG Newsletter and later sent to the NASIG-L listserv. Because we only received 15 applications in our first batch, we have sent out an extended call. We are especially having a hard time finding people who will be able to record for the preconferences.
- Gary contacted the speakers to give them information about submitting papers to us and to give them the copyright forms. Papers from recorders and speakers are due July 2.
STATISTICAL INFORMATION (IF APPLICABLE)
ACTIONS(S) REQUIRED BY BOARD (IF APPLICABLE)
QUESTIONS FOR BOARD (IF APPLICABLE)
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BOARD (IF APPLICABLE)
Name of persons submitting report: Carol Ann Borchert & Gary Ives