24:2 (2009:05) Committee Annual Report: ProceedingsJune 1, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Posted in Proceedings | Leave a comment
NASIG ANNUAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
Committee members: Buddy Pennington, University of Missouri – Kansas City, Lori J. Terrill, University of Wyoming (new member for 2009/2010), Allyson Zellner, EBSCO
Board liaison: Virginia Taffurelli, New York Public Library
- A brief schedule regarding the editing of the 2008 papers is provided below:
- 2008 conference reports were due to the editors on July 18, 2008. The editors provided extensions for a handful of authors.
- The editors used Google Docs to edit the papers and prepare them for Taylor & Francis.
- The edited papers were uploaded to Taylor & Francis’ CATS online production system in December 2008.
- The proofs were reviewed by the editors in early February 2009.
- The Proceedings were published online by Taylor & Francis in mid-March 2009.
- The 2008 Conference Proceedings were published as v.56 of The Serials Librarian. Taylor & Francis has uploaded the volume on its InformaWorld site. PDFs of all of the papers have been sent to ECC on April 7, 2009 to upload to the NASIG website.
- The following changes were made to the Proceedings volume:
- The Proceedings are now published as a combined volume instead of two combined issues (1/2 and 3/4) under Haworth.
- A new cover was designed by Taylor & Francis for The Serials Librarian.
- The complimentary copies list was submitted to Taylor and Francis in March 2009. The editors will follow up with Taylor & Francis since the online CATS production system can send forms to authors to provide this information for the issue. If CATS can do this for all presenters and recorders, the editors’ work required for this list will be reduced significantly.
- Lori Terrill from the University of Wyoming has been selected as the new Proceedings editor for the 2009/2010 term. She will be replacing Buddy Pennington, who rotates off prior to the 2009 conference.
- Per the approval of the NASIG Board, The Serials Librarian is now a member of COPE (The Committee on Publication Ethics).
- The editors are currently working on:
- Collecting applications for recorders for the 2009 conference.
- Making revisions to the editors manual using Google Docs.
- Contacting Taylor & Francis regarding the 2009 Proceedings editorial schedule and workflow.
ACTION(S) REQUIRED BY BOARD
QUESTIONS FOR BOARD
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BOARD
Name of person submitting report: