24:2 (2009:05) Committee Annual Report: MDCJune 1, 2009 at 12:23 pm | Posted in Membership Development | Leave a comment
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Marla Chesler, co-chair 2006-2009 (FEDLINK) and Alice Rhoades, co-chair 2008-2010 (Rice University), Jenni Wilson, co-chair 2009-2010 (Alexander Street Press)
Members: Abigail Bordeaux (Ex Libris Group), Tina Feick (Harrassowitz), Linda Smith Griffin (Louisiana State University), Anne Meringolo (Simmons College), Stuart Silcox (Swets Information Services), Christine Stamison (Swets Information Services), Vicki Stanton (University of North Florida), Sarah Tusa (Lamar University), Jenna Venker Weidenbenner (The Career Center, UIUC), Dana Walker (University of Georgia, Gracemary Smulewitz (Rutgers University Libraries)
Board liaison: Bob Boissy (Springer Science + Business Media Sales)
May 2009 Report (Revised)
NARRATIVE OF ACTIVITIES SINCE LAST REPORT ON JANUARY 2009
- Obtaining updated membership and conference attendance data from Database & Directory.
- Use the Charleston Conference attendee list to solicit membership from vendors that are not currently NASIG members. We are working on the draft of a letter which should be reviewed by a vendor to make sure we cover all of the benefits. (Strategic direction #2)
- Update our annual statistics with new data.
- Work on the Membership Development Committee guideline.
- Continue distributing the new NASIG brochures.
- New brochure design once the French and English translations are completed.
- Make sure the online membership forms are updated with the new versions.
- Distributed the new NASIG brochures at ALA Midwinter.
- Appointed committee volunteer to monitor NASIG Web forums looking for new posts that might need comments from MDC, post new ideas re: MDC topics, or solicit others to make postings.
- Answered member questions forwarded to the committee.
ACTIVITIES THAT SUPPORT THE NASIG STRATEGIC PLAN
Please see notes in Continuing Activities and Completed Activities.
ANY CHANGES OR EXCEPTIONS TO BUDGET
To be completed with a new membership list.
ACTION(S) REQUIRED BY BOARD
QUESTIONS FOR BOARD
Would it be possible to purchase the Charleston Registration list? MDC has a paper copy, but it is tedious to try to re-type the contact and email information.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BOARD
Respectfully submitted by
Alice Rhoades and Marla Chesler